Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Summer8906 pretty much all of next week is looking fine and settled, as it stands. Why worry about the week after? It's so far away in forecasting terms. 

• Like 2

Posted

Summer8906 most places in the south and south west haven’t got past 17-19C let alone 22C seen in Scotland  - looking at model output that’s not being achieved in the first half of May either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
Posted (edited)

Brrr, a genuine chill this afternoon in London as I leave the office. Dreading tomorrow tbh. 13c and Drizzle?  Hello again December 2023!

Checking elsewhere in Europe atm is just depressing. Other than the parts of France and below that are in the same chain of dross as parts of the UK, pretty much everyone else is in basking in 18-25c and sunny. Scandinavia, the Baltics, Eastern Europe, etc...

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Supposedly got to 23°c here today. Pleasantly warm despite the breeze. 

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

When the bloody hell did it get to 23°C across the midlands today? Wasn't expecting that at all as here in Kent it's overcast and about 16-17°C. Regional differences are being pushed to their extremes today it seems...

• Like 3

Posted

Met. It did seem strange for it to be that low. The Pennines make a difference in this sort of setup but not usually 11/12c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Summer8906 Hopefully May. Realistically July or August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

One of the most non-descript & monotone days in May I have experienced. 100% grey rubbish with drizzle to come later on. Even worse tomorrow, on my day off too because of course! If someone woke up from a coma & you told them it was November, there would be absolutely no questions asked & you would both move onto the next subject!

• Like 6

Posted

SunSean Its stunning in my area. I am feeling so generous rn, I will mail you some of todays sunshine. Just tell the weather gods that my gift is your wildcard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

SunSean Tomorrow is gonna be honestly dire for us in the SE. Barely scraping double digits most of the day by the looks of it, accompanied by 100% cloud cover and persistent drizzle. 13c as a max by about 5/6pm, so, a nice 5 or 6c below average (and obviously feeling even cooler with the cloud cover + rain). 

Just...lol. Can't get much worse for May, honestly. No words tbh. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
Posted (edited)

CryoraptorA303 You think that’s bad. Try the 11C or 10C we have had here all day with dull grey overcast skies and patches of mist everywhere in the distance.😒

Edited by wimblettben
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Well , glorious if windy day here and a comfortable 18C, last one for now though 😥

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

GFS continues to churn out the eye candy for next week:

image.thumb.png.6daab5e0e841a9f3367f37708b12ba8f.png

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I wonder when we'll finally break the May CET record? A lot people have noted how unusual it is for that record to not have fallen yet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way

Does any one else find this somewhat offensive, & undermining ones intellect 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/articles/crgylwnpz91o

Perhaps I need to explain to Simon King that perception is based on "feels like" ,   a forecast metric that the BBC use in their "spot" forecast 
Temp:10c  with a  feels like 6c,  for example
If the temperature is marginally above average for the the month of April how does it compare with the "feels like" temp , as most people deem a good weather day by how it feels,  and not what the mercury shows
I am  greeted by Postie every day more often than not .. "nice day today"  ,   "oo  hold fire a sec mate . let me just check the current weather stats for our locale .. I'll come back in a minute" 

• Like 3

Posted

They haven't quite nailed this forecasting lark just yet. Last Sunday's forecast from the BBC weather lady.

Screenshot_20240502-184629.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Summer8906 I could be quite happy to never see cloud for several months, we have truly drawn the short straw in the SW in god knows how many months with only a peppering of decent days and a max of 19c on one day. I know next week looks nice but I’m hoping it’s not a blip, we really deserve a good long dry, warm and sunny spell

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Not the greatest of conditions today, travelled 500 miles, near length of England, variations of plenty but the overall feel was one of that stench of humidity, easily the worst weather we have in the UK by some margin. Nice day spoiled by that filth.

• Like 1